A complete application must include:
- a cover letter
- a résumé
- copies of all law school and post-secondary transcripts (photocopies are acceptable)
All applications are acknowledged upon receipt. We receive and review applications and interview candidates in accordance with the rules and deadlines established by member firms of the
Entente de recrutement. Only those students selected for interviews will be contacted.
We fill all summer positions with first- and second-year students who have been accepted for future articling positions at BLG Montréal. There is no separate application process for this program.
We have filled all articling positions for 2020 and 2021. We plan to hire eight to ten students for 2022. You can send your application from February 7, 2020 at 9 a.m. to February 12, 2020 at 1 p.m.
We will conduct first interviews from March 16, 2020 to March 18, 2020 and second interviews from March 18, 2020 to March 25, 2020.
Call day is Wednesday, March 30, 2020 at 8 a.m.
All students are hired in accordance with the guidelines, rules and requirement of the Québec Bar School (French version only).
Application and interview tips
Make your application and interview stand out:
- Proofread every document. Ask a friend to double-check.
- Keep your cover letter brief: in one page, explain why you’re interested in BLG Montréal and why BLG should be interested in you.
- Remember: everything in your application package is open for discussion in an interview. Be prepared to tell us your story.
- Think ahead about questions you might be asked and practice answering them.
- Do your homework: talk to staff, current students, colleagues and professors and read up on the Firm.
- Try to relax: interviewers want to meet the real you.