BLG Vancouver’s articling program includes rotations in both Litigation and Business Law. You’ll work alongside accomplished professionals on large, complex matters. You’ll also build your practice skills by managing your own smaller matters.
Your articling experience begins with an in-depth orientation to prepare you for the work to come, including:
- practice management
- overview of a civil action
- the student’s role in a business transaction
- the student’s role in trial preparation
You’ll also attend weekly seminars on topics such as:
- preparing for and arguing a motion
- communicating with clients
- matter and practice management
- business etiquette
BLG Vancouver articling students are also invited to participate in Firm-wide training programs offered throughout the year to all our legal professionals.
Open Door Mentoring
You‘ll be assigned a principal to support you throughout your articling experience. You’ll also choose a mentor in each rotation who will meet with you regularly to review your workload and ensure you’re receiving a wide variety of assignments.
You’ll work alongside some of Canada’s most recognized lawyers and perform the same kinds of tasks as our junior associates, such as:
- attending hearings, discoveries and mediations
- drafting memoranda, contracts and legal opinions
- conducting research and due diligence working on pro bono projects and cases