A complete application must include:
- a cover letter
- a résumé
- copies of all law school and post-secondary transcripts (photocopies are acceptable)
All applications are acknowledged upon receipt. We receive and review applications and interview candidates in accordance with the guidelines and rules established by the Vancouver Bar Association and the Law Society of British Columbia.
Refer to the VBA guidelines for application deadlines.
We conduct on-campus interviews with second-year students in Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton and Toronto — contact your law school for dates.
We will contact students selected for in-Firm interviews according to VBA guidelines.
We have filled all 2019 2L summer positions.
We typically hire 10 law students in their second year for summer articling positions. The hiring process for summer student positions is conducted in accordance with the Vancouver Bar Association Guidelines and takes place in the Fall of each year.
For 2020 summer student positions, we invite Canadian law students to contact their law school career offices for further information.
We have currently filled all articling positions for the 2019/2020 year.
We will be accepting applications for the 2020/2021 articling term in accordance with the Vancouver Bar Association (VBA) timelines and guidelines. Applications, including a cover letter, resume, and law school and undergraduate transcripts, must be submitted through the viLaw Portal prior to the application deadline set by the VBA. The Portal will accessible for you to submit your application by June 2019 and will remain open until the end of that month. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we only accept applications through the Portal and cannot accept applications via email, fax, or mail.
For questions about articling opportunities at BLG Vancouver, we invite you to contact our Manager, Professional Recruiting, Lisa Carlson.
For more information about the VBA process,
we invite you to visit the VBA's website.
Application and Interview Tips
Make your application and interview stand out:
- Proofread every document. Ask a friend to double-check.
- Keep your cover letter brief: in one page, explain why you’re interested in BLG Vancouver and why BLG should be interested in you.
- Remember: everything in your application package is open for discussion in an interview. Be prepared to tell us your story.
- Think ahead about questions you might be asked and practice answering them.
- Try to relax: interviewers want to meet the real you.
- Do your homework: talk to staff, current students, colleagues and professors and read up on the Firm.
Visit your law school career development office for more preparation advice.