You’ll undertake six-month rotations in both Litigation and Business Law, exploring a broad range of practice areas, meeting with and learning from many accomplished lawyers.
Your articling experience begins with an in-depth orientation to BLG Calgary and all its resources. You’ll also attend weekly seminars on topics such as:
- common types of motions in Queen’s Bench chambers
- insolvency and corporate restructuring
- securities practice
- government relations
- litigation practice and procedures
BLG Calgary articling students are also invited to participate in Firm-wide training programs offered throughout the year to all our lawyers.
Open Door Mentoring
You‘ll be assigned a principal and an associate mentor to support you throughout your articling experience. Your associate mentor will answer your questions, provide advice and guide you through professional events.
BLG Calgary articling students tackle the same kind of work as our junior associates. While assisting lawyers on major matters, you will:
- attend hearings, questionings and mediations
- draft memoranda and contracts
- conduct due diligence and research
- work on pro bono projects and cases
You’ll also manage your own Small Claims Court matters—invaluable practical experience BLG is proud to offer.