Elizabeth Sonderskov was a law clerk in the Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP from 2002 to 2007, at which time she took a five year hiatus, returning to the Toronto office in early 2012. She is a member of the Insurance and Tort Liability Group and her practice focuses on personal injury civil litigation with an emphasis on municipal liability defence and insurance defence. She has worked in the litigation field since 1992, on behalf of both insurance companies and plaintiffs. She has extensive experience handling municipal and police liability defences, motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, occupiers' liability matters, and estate litigation. Elizabeth is a Commissioner of Oaths.
Elizabeth's primary responsibilities include:
- generally overseeing all aspects of files;
- drafting pleadings
- reviewing, analyzing and summarizing evidentiary materials;
- preparing affidavit of documents, motion materials, mediation and pre-trial memoranda, bills of costs/Costs Outlines, and various assorted court documents;
- extensive trail preparation, including liaising with witnesses and preparation of appropriate Evidence Act notices;
- liaising with insurance adjusters, defence experts, investigators, counsel and court personnel;
- research; and
- organizing and managing files through to their resolution.