David Madsen is a partner in our Corporate Commercial Litigation Group in our Calgary office, and a member of BLG's Partnership Board, which is our Firm's governing body. David practises in all areas of commercial litigation. In particular, he has extensive experience representing Canadian and international clientele in litigation and alternative dispute resolution involving:
- all sectors of the oil & gas industry;
- electricity generation;
- intellectual property including patent, trademark, copyright, software piracy, and the misappropriation of confidential information and technology;
- class actions defence;
- shareholders’ rights;
- mergers & acquisitions, including hostile take-over bids, Plans of Arrangement, and dissent valuation proceedings;
- insolvency and banking litigation;
- fraud and fidelity-related actions;
- Anton Piller Orders and Mareva Injunctions; and
- land-related claims.
David has dealt with matters in all courts in Alberta, including the Alberta Court of Appeal; courts in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Newfoundland; the Supreme Court of Canada; and the Federal Court of Canada. He has also dealt with matters in the Alberta Securities Commission, and Canadian and International Arbitrations.