A complete application must include:
- a cover letter
- a résumé
- copies of all law school and post-secondary transcripts (photocopies are acceptable)
- a list of upper-year law school courses
All applications are acknowledged upon receipt. Only those students selected for interviews will be contacted.
We receive and review applications and interview candidates in accordance with guidelines established
by the Ottawa legal community.
We will be recruiting for 2018 Intellectual Property Summer Law Student positions. Positions are available
for both 1st year and 2nd year law students.
The following dates and deadlines apply:
- Application Deadline — 1 p.m. on Tuesday, October 10, 2017
- Interview Period — October 19 – October 25, 2017
- Call Day — 8 a.m. on Friday, October 27, 2017
We receive and review applications and interview candidates in accordance with the guidelines, rules and deadlines established by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Application and Interview Tips
Make your application and interview stand out:
- Proofread every document. Ask a friend to double-check
- Keep your cover letter brief: in one page, explain why you’re interested in BLG Ottawa and why BLG should be interested in you.
- Remember: everything in your application package is open for discussion in an interview. Be prepared to tell us your story.
- Think ahead about questions you might be asked and practice answering them.
- Try to relax: interviewers want to meet the real you, not an imaginary “perfect candidate.”
- Do your homework: talk to staff, current students, colleagues and professors and read up on the Firm.
Visit your law school career development office for more preparation advice.