A complete application must include:
- a cover letter
- a résumé
- copies of all law school and post-secondary transcripts (photocopies are acceptable)
- a list of upper-year law school courses
All applications are acknowledged upon receipt. Only those students selected for interviews will be contacted.
We receive and review applications and interview candidates in accordance with guidelines established by the Ottawa legal community.
We will be recruiting for the 2019 Intellectual Property Summer Student program. This position is open to students who have completed their 1st year of law school.
The following dates and deadlines apply:
- Application Deadline — 1 p.m. on Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- Interview Period — October 18 – October 25, 2018
- Call Day — 8 a.m. on Friday, October 26, 2018
We have filled all Articling positions for 2019-2020.
Application and Interview Tips
Make your application and interview stand out:
- Proofread every document. Ask a friend to double-check
- Keep your cover letter brief: in one page, explain why you’re interested in BLG Ottawa and why BLG should be interested in you.
- Remember: everything in your application package is open for discussion in an interview. Be prepared to tell us your story.
- Think ahead about questions you might be asked and practice answering them.
- Try to relax: interviewers want to meet the real you, not an imaginary “perfect candidate.”
- Do your homework: talk to staff, current students, colleagues and professors and read up on the Firm.
Visit your law school career development office for more preparation advice.