Rey Velasco has been a law clerk in Ontario since 1997. He joined the Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP as a law clerk in the Environmental, Municipal, Expropriation and Regulatory Group in 2009.
Rey’s responsibilities include:
- investigating titles to real property for the purposes of assessing current status, land assemblies and historical research;
- preparing municipal bylaws commencing expropriation proceedings and approving expropriations;
- preparing all expropriation notices and certificates on expropriation plans;
- preparing documents for Hearings of Necessity and compensation hearings at the Ontario Municipal Board; and
- managing all aspects of searching real property in Ontario under the Land Titles, Registry, Condominium, Mining, Railway, Land Registration Reform and Electronic Registration acts.