Cait Sainsbury is a member of BLG’s Commercial Litigation Group in Toronto. Cait is an experienced litigator with a broad litigation and dispute resolution practice. In addition to representing clients in complex commercial disputes and class actions, Cait practices in the area of securities litigation where she acts for clients in civil and regulatory proceedings as well as investigations conducted by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada, the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada, and the Ontario Securities Commission. Cait is also experienced in representing companies in contested mergers and acquisition transactions. She was seconded to the Ontario Securities Commission for a one year term in 2008/2009, where she acted as Litigation Counsel in the Enforcement Branch.
Cait's areas of focus include:
- securities litigation and regulation including broker liability litigation and proceedings before the MFDA, IIROC, and the Ontario Securities Commission;
- defence of class actions;
- mergers and acquisitions litigation;
- shareholder's rights litigation;
- directors and officers' liability; and
- general commercial litigation and arbitration, including contractual disputes and enforcement matters.