Cait Sainsbury is a partner in our Toronto office and a member of the Commercial Litigation Group. In addition to her general commercial litigation practice, Cait practices in the area of securities litigation, providing representation to clients in civil and regulatory proceedings as well as investigations conducted by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada, the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada, and the Ontario Securities Commission. Cait is also experienced in representing companies in contested mergers and acquisition transactions. Cait was seconded to the Ontario Securities Commission for a one year term in 2008-2009, where she acted as Litigation Counsel in the Enforcement Branch.
Cait's areas of focus include:
- securities litigation and regulation including broker liability litigation, proceedings before the MFDA, IIROC, and the Ontario Securities Commission;
- securities class actions;
- mergers and acquisitions litigation;
- shareholder's rights litigation;
- directors and officers' liability; and
- general commercial litigation and arbitration, including contractual disputes and enforcement matters.