Ira Nishisato is a Partner in the Commercial Litigation Group in Toronto. He focuses on:
- Complex commercial litigation
- Commercial fraud and investigations
- Anti-piracy and anti-counterfeiting litigation
- Cybersecurity and cybercrime litigation
- Injunctions and extraordinary preliminary, provisional and interlocutory remedies, including
Anton Piller (civil search),
Mareva (asset freezing) and
Norwich Pharmacal (equitable discovery) orders
- International and multi-jurisdictional dispute resolution
Ira advocates before all levels of courts in Canada, including the Supreme Court of Canada, Federal Court of Appeal, Ontario Court of Appeal, Federal Court, Ontario Divisional Court and Superior Court of Justice. He appears regularly before the Commercial Court in Toronto.
Ira has litigated cases involving administrative law, asset tracing and recovery, banking, broadcasting and telecommunications, class actions/mass torts, computer and Internet law, cybersecurity and cybercrime (including privacy, data protection and information security), conflict of laws, constitutional law, contracts, corporate/commercial law, defamation, fiduciary duties, fraud, intellectual property (including anti-piracy and anti-counterfeiting), labour and employment, officer and director liability, product liability, public international law, professional negligence, and shareholder disputes.