Paula McNaughton has been a law clerk in the Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP since 2007, and is a member of the Insurance and Tort Liability Group. She has worked in the civil litigation field since 1997, on behalf of both insurance companies and plaintiffs. She has extensive experience handling motor vehicle accidents, accident benefits, aviation accidents, slip and falls, product liability, wrongful death, medical/dental malpractice, occupiers' liability matters, and class action proceedings. Paula has been a Commissioner of Oaths since 2010.
Paula's primary responsibilities include:
- reviewing, analyzing and summarizing evidentiary materials;
- preparing affidavit of documents, motion materials, mediation and pre-trial memoranda, bills of costs, and various assorted court documents;
- liaising with insurance adjusters, defence experts, investigators, counsel and court personnel;
- conducting electronic searches, including MTO driver and vehicle searches; and
- organizing and managing files through to their resolution.