Angela Maffei is a senior paralegal in the Corporate Services Department of our Montréal office. She joined the Firm in 1998.
Angela's work is focused on mergers, acquisitions, corporate and tax reorganizations as well as general corporate matters. She assists with commercial, corporate and tax transactions including mergers, asset purchases, share purchases, corporate and tax reorganizations, and financing. These responsibilities form an integral part of transactions which, in conjunction with the legal work, allow transactions to be closed. She also assists with:
- the incorporation and organization of corporations;
- the due diligence review of corporations;
- extra-provincial registrations of entities in all Canadian provinces and territories, including annual maintenance of such registrations;
- partnerships and trusts (registration and annual maintenance); and
- the incorporation, organization and annual maintenance of charitable and non-profit organizations (federal and provincial).
Angela's scope of knowledge includes federal, Québec and Ontario business corporation legislations.