Laura Herd is a law clerk in the Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP and is a member of the Commercial Litigation and Estate Groups. Laura joined the firm in 2010.
Laura is engaged in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters, including:
- Providing support to the groups’ lawyers while managing files from inception to resolution;Drafting pleadings and various briefs;
- Preparing files for examination for discovery including preparation of discovery plans and affidavits of documents;
- Drafting lists of undertakings, advisements and refusals, and liaising with discovery witnesses to answer undertakings and to review and organize answers;
- Drafting various motions, supporting affidavits and cost outlines for hearings;
- Preparing files for mediation including preparation, review and organization of documents;
- Preparing files for trial including scheduling issues, liaising with counsel and court, communications with experts, summoning and preparing witnesses, preparing pre-trial memoranda, notices, document and issues briefs and trial preparation;
- Overseeing and managing large, complex, technologically dependent files; and
- Liaising with clients, counsel and courts.