Brent Hayward has been a law clerk in the Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP since 2001. A member of the Corporate Services Group, he provides multiple search services to the Firm that encompass most practice groups.
Brent assists with:
- handles all Audit inquires and firm circulations
- performs annual maintenance on Corporate Minute Books
- external filings of corporate documentation, including Personal Property Security Act (PPSA) registrations, and all articles, notices, business registrations and name searches;
- setting up corporate GST/PST tax accounts;
- ordering corporate certificates/documents online using various search services;
- corporate insolvency searches, both online and at various courthouses in the GTA;
- researching inactive/archived corporate files in Ontario; and
- document certification and authentication.
Brent's scope of knowledge includes the forms, procedures and requirements for the above noted filing and search services, as well as knowledge pertaining to applicable federal and provincial search and business corporation legislation.