Graeme Hamilton is an experienced trial and appellate counsel whose practice encompasses a broad range of matters, including white collar criminal defence, government and internal investigations, securities litigation, competition law, and general commercial litigation. Graeme is the national co-leader of BLG's Investigations and White Collar Defence Group. In particular, Graeme's practice focuses on:
- Defending corporations and individuals facing investigation or prosecution for white collar offences, including fraud, illegal insider trading, price-fixing, bribery and public corruption
- Advice in relation to compliance with anti-money laundering, anti-bribery, antitrust and securities legislation
- Corporate internal investigations
- Securities litigation and regulation, including proceedings before the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC)
- General commercial litigation, including contract disputes, commercial torts, shareholders' rights and debtor/creditor litigation
- Appeals and applications for judicial review
Graeme has been lead counsel in dozens of trials and contested hearings. He also has substantial appellate experience in both criminal and civil matters. Graeme has testified as an expert witness before the Senate Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee and previously taught Evidence at Osgoode Hall Law School as an adjunct professor.