Anne Gale has been a member of the Commercial Litigation Group in the Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP since 1993. Anne became a law clerk in 2005. Anne focuses on estates and trusts litigation, including guardianships, will challenges and interpretations, passing of accounts, and administration of estates.
Anne assists with:
- drafting pleadings, motion materials;
- attending at court to assist lawyers;
- organizing and monitoring files;
- obtaining and summarizing transcripts;
- obtaining and summarizing financial, solicitor and medical records;
- preparing lists of undertakings and refusals, and obtaining and collecting answers;
- requesting, obtaining and organization of productions;
- preparing document and authorities briefs;
- interviewing witnesses and preparation of witness statements; and
- preparing costs outlines.
Anne has significant experience in a variety of applications for orders for directions in will challenges, interpretation of wills, passing of accounts, removal and replacement of executors, and variation of trusts.
Anne's scope of knowledge includes the Rules of Civil Procedure, and the recent Practice Direction dealing with new practice and procedures in the Toronto Estates Office.