Christina D’Aversa has been a law clerk in the Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP since 2005 and is a member of the Commercial Real Estate Group. Her practice is varied consisting of acquisitions and dispositions of residential and commercial properties, lending, energy, development and expropriation work.
Practice focused in real estate law, with an emphasis on acquisitions and dispositions of residential and commercial transactions, lending, development and expropriation work, with significant experience with plan registrations; land title applications and energy work (namely wind and solar farm projects).
Christina assists lawyers in various practice groups with:
- preparation and drafting of closing documents, off-title searches, requisitions, reporting letters;
- completion of land expropriation files, acting on behalf of both municipalities and owners of expropriated lands;
- energy related transactions with the real estate aspects for creating, operating and financing of wind farm and solar projects;
- registers plans of subdivision, documents for Land Titles conversion applications and other land development related work;
- handling purchases of telecommunication units in condominium buildings, dispositions, easement transactions and rooftop antenna tower leases;
- dealing directly with title insurance companies, clients, municipalities, land registry offices and financial institutions for real estate transactions;
- preparation of registration documents, attending to electronic registrations; and
- all other tasks required to complete a transaction with a real estate component.