Andy Brown has been a law clerk in Ontario since 1985. He first joined the Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP as a title searcher in the Commercial Real Estate Group, and became a litigation member of the Environmental, Municipal, Expropriation and Regulatory Group in 2000. His practice includes all aspects of expropriation matters for both expropriating authorities and private land owners, title searching in Ontario especially those involving complicated title issues, railway searches, review of surveys and matters under the Rules of Civil Procedure.
Andy’s responsibilities include:
- investigating titles to real property for the purposes of assessing current status, land assemblies, historical research, municipal assessment, adverse possession, road allowances and Planning Act contraventions;
- preparing municipal bylaws for all expropriation proceedings and other documents as required for expropriating authorities;
- preparing all expropriation notices and certificates of approval for expropriation plans;
- preparing documents for Hearings of Necessity, Board of Negotiations and compensation hearings at the Ontario Municipal Board;
- administering all aspects of searching real property in Ontario under the Land Titles Act, Registry Act, Condominium Act, Mining Act, Surveys Act, Municipal Act, 2001 and Planning Act;
- preparing documents pursuant to the Rules of Civil Procedure.