Marian Bournas is a law clerk in the Financial Services Group of the Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP. Marian focuses on corporate and commercial transactional lending work for Canadian and international banks and other lenders, corporate borrowers and their subsidiaries. She has particular experience assisting with syndicated loans and securitization programs.
Marian has significant experience assisting with:
- single lender and loan syndications involving lenders and borrowers in domestic and multi-jurisdictional matters;
- transactions involving cross-border and international structures with multiple borrowers and guarantors;
- financing of food and beverage companies;
- loans to media and communications borrowers;
- financing of mining and power projects;
- transactions for mortgage-based securitization programs;
- aircraft finance and leasing;
- matters involving the Personal Property Security Act (Ontario);
- security reviews, debtor-in-possession financing and asset sales in restructuring and insolvency proceedings; and
- training of articling students and law clerk students.