Canada's new anti-spam law is now in force, effective July 1, 2014. This law allows recipients to control the electronic messages they receive.
BLG respects the wishes of our contacts to determine whether they wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us. Our compliance with CASL includes:
- Keeping records of consent
- Subject to exceptions permitted by law, checking that we have consent before sending commercial electronic messages
- Setting out our contact information on commercial electronic messages
- Providing a means for those on our mailing lists to unsubscribe
- Effecting an unsubscribe request promptly and in any event no later than 10 business days after receipt
If you currently subscribe to electronic newsletters or other communications from BLG, you will
always have the right to unsubscribe.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact our CASL officers:
More information regarding CASL, including a list of our CASL lawyers, is available at